About Associate Memberships:
Associate Membership in the Connecticut Council of Small Towns (COST) is geared to firms that are doing business with Connecticut municipalities (or want to), specifically the more than 142 localities whose interests COST represents. Together, these towns represent a large public sector market and make purchases totaling more than $100 million annually.
COST Associate Memberships represent numerous sectors and industries including: law, banking, accounting, engineering and consulting, financial services, insurance, energy, utility, construction, and more. COST Associate Membership is also important to corporations that have facilities in Connecticut’s smaller communities, or whose employees live in Connecticut’s towns.
Benefits of Membership:
Associate Membership in COST provides member firms with many direct benefits, including opportunities to network with municipal leaders and numerous avenues for increasing a company’s visibility with small town leaders statewide:
- Networking opportunities with municipal decision-makers (first selectmen, mayors and town managers from Connecticut’s 139 suburban and non-metropolitan communities).
- Have a listing and hyperlink on COST’s high-traffic website.
- Special acknowledgment and listing as an Associate Member in COST’s "Connecticut Town Leaders’ and Municipal Services Directory".
- Receive preferred space and discounted rates for exhibiting at COST’s annual Town Hall Exhibitors Showcase — typically a sold-out event that attracts hundreds of high-ranking state and local officials.
- Special discounts on registration fees for COST’s annual conference — the Connecticut Town Meeting — and other membership forums and events.
- An opportunity to participate in COST’s Newly Elected Training, a post-election training program for new and returning town officials.
- Regular electronic bulletins on high-priority legislative and other important policy issues.
- Timely updates regarding municipal programs available to towns.
- Telephone inquiry service to help answer municipal marketing questions.
- Event sponsorship and project partnership opportunities.
- Information distribution service opportunities for your firm.
Perhaps most important, when a company becomes an Associate Member in COST, it is supporting efforts to strengthen grassroots local government and the quality of life in suburban and rural towns throughout Connecticut.
COST encourages its member towns to "shop" first with Associate Members when they are in need of municipal services.