COST’s premier conference – Connecticut’s Town Meeting – is held annually in conjuction with the start of the legislative session. It provides first selectmen, mayors, town managers and other senior public officials a unique opportunity to:
- Discuss and vote on a Legislative Platform for the upcoming session of the Connecticut General Assembly;
- Meet with other local and state government leaders to discuss major public policy concerns affecting citizens throughout the State of Connecticut;
- Elect new COST officers and consider changes in the organization’s bylaws;
- Hear from notable speakers on matters of statewide, national and even international significance. Previous speakers have included, Members of Congress, the Attorney General, state department and agency commissioners, Governors, the Secretary of State, legislative leaders and other key policymakers;
- Network with other municipal leaders, and receive valuable publications and other town management and leadership resources; and,
- Honor state legislators and town officials with the COST Town Crier Award for distinguished leadership and advocacy on behalf of Connecticut’s small towns.